5th Annual Maple Syrup Fest
April 2nd, 2016
Celebrate the Wisconsin heritage of Maple Syrup! Enjoy a family friendly FREE event right here in Phelps!
Learn more about how and where maple syrup is made, browse local arts & crafts, and grab a tasty treat, all at the 5th Annual Phelps Maple Syrup Fest!
Join us in Phelps on April 2, 2016 for a sweet celebration of maple syrup! Phelps Maple Syrup Fest is centered on the grounds of the Phelps school, where you can watch tree-tapping demonstrations and find your favorite maple treats at the Maple Café. Take a driving tour or guided bus tour of local sugar bushes to see where this popular treat originates and how sap becomes maple syrup. With kid’s games and activities, a wonderful arts and crafts show, maple syrup displays, and a maple syrup contest judged by local celebrities, this Phelps event is perfect for all ages! The day’s activities and sugar bush tours are free of charge for all attendees. A portion of the proceeds from Maple Syrup Fest will benefit area high school graduates through continuing education scholarships.
Video courtesy of Fox Hill Photography
Check back here for the full schedule of events for the 5th annual Phelps Maple Syrup Fest or follow along on Facebook for announcements and news!
Get Your Maple Syrup Fest Raffle Tickets Today!
Help support this great local event and have a chance to win 1 of 4 great prizes!
Grand Prize: Mountain Bike Package & 2 night stay for 3 at Sunrise Lodge – courtesy of Forever Young Bike & Ski and Sunrise Lodge
2nd Prize: Yard Package feat. Oregon Tree Trimmer, Husky Blower & Husky Trimmer – courtesy of Eagle River Napa and 17 North Service & Repair
3rd Prize: Paddle Package feat. guided river trip for 4 – courtesy of Wildwood Outdoor Adventures
4th Prize: Weber Grill Package – courtesy of Maple Ridge Construction
Fun Facts about Maple Syrup
- Did you know that maple syrup was one of Wisconsin’s first agricultural products?
- It takes 10 whole gallons of sap to make 1 quart of syrup!
- Maple syrup is actually good for your health – it increases red blood cell growth and is proven to treat digestive disorders.
- Humans aren’t the only ones that take advantage of maple trees – squirrels tap the trees with their 2 front teeth and drink the sap straight from the tree!
- Not all maple syrup is the same; flavor can be affected by the tree tapped, weather and climate, and different production methods. Don’t just buy one bottle – try out different maple syrup products for a variety of sweet tastes!
- Wisconsin produces an average of 74,000 gallons of maple syrup a year!
Do you have a fun fact or trivia bit about this natural sweetener? Share it with us on Facebook!
A big thank you to the 2015 Maple Syrup Fest sponsors! Interested in becoming a sponsor? Download the 2016 Sponsor Form here or contact the Phelps Chamber to learn how to become a 2016 sponsor of this wonderful event!
Enter Your Syrup in the Judging Contest!
Do you have your own sugar bush and make your own maple syrup? Enter in this year’s Maple Syrup Judging Contest to see just how good it is! Download the 2016 maple syrup judging contest rules to learn more, check out the Phelps Maple Syrup Fest Score Sheet 2016 to see how the syrups will be rated, and fill out maple syrup contest entry form to enter. Good luck!
Join us in Phelps, Wisconsin on April 2, 2016
for the 5th Annual Maple Syrup Fest!