Maple Syrup Fest
7th Annual Phelps Maple Syrup Fest
Celebrate the Wisconsin heritage of Maple Syrup! Enjoy a family friendly FREE event right here in Phelps!
Learn more about how and where maple syrup is made, browse local arts & crafts, and grab a tasty treat, all at the 7th Annual Phelps Maple Syrup Fest! You might just find some honey activities, too!
Join us in Phelps on April 7, 2018 for a sweet celebration of maple syrup! Phelps Maple Syrup Fest is centered on the grounds of the Phelps school, where you can:
- Watch tree-tapping demonstrations
- Find your favorite maple treats at the Maple Café
- Take a driving tour or guided bus tour of local sugar bushes to see where this popular treat originates and how sap becomes maple syrup
- Kid’s games and activities
- Browse and shop the wonderful arts and crafts from over 70 vendors,
- View various maple syrup and honey displays
- See who wins the Maple Syrup Contest judged by local celebrities
This Phelps event is perfect for all ages! The day’s activities and sugar bush tours are free of charge for all attendees. A portion of the proceeds from Maple Syrup Fest will benefit area high school graduates through continuing education scholarships.
Fun & Educational Classes at Maple Syrup Fest!
This year’s event will again bring you all of your favorite bits of sweetness, as well as educational classes for those interested in syrup and honey! Love to cook? Take the Cooking with Maple Syrup & Honey Class with instructor Dottie Reeder to learn how to select and cook with these two natural sweeteners. Pre-registration is required; the class fee is $15 per person. For more information, download the 2017 MSF Cooking Class Application Form here.
Want to make your own syrup or honey? Stay tuned for news about the brand new Beekeepers 101 Class and the Maple Syrup 101 Class that will be taking place at the school during the event. Each class is $10 per person, with no pre-registration required.
Video courtesy of Fox Hill Photography
Check back here for the full schedule of events for the 7th annual Phelps Maple Syrup Fest or follow along on Facebook for announcements and news!
Fun Facts about Maple Syrup
- Did you know that maple syrup was one of Wisconsin’s first agricultural products?
- It takes 10 whole gallons of sap to make 1 quart of syrup!
- Maple syrup is actually good for your health – it increases red blood cell growth and is proven to treat digestive disorders.
- Humans aren’t the only ones that take advantage of maple trees – squirrels tap the trees with their 2 front teeth and drink the sap straight from the tree!
- Not all maple syrup is the same; flavor can be affected by the tree tapped, weather and climate, and different production methods. Don’t just buy one bottle – try out different maple syrup products for a variety of sweet tastes!
- Wisconsin produces an average of 74,000 gallons of maple syrup a year!
Enter Your Syrup in
Maple Syrup Judging Contest!
Do you have your own sugar bush and make your own maple syrup? Enter in this year’s Maple Syrup Judging Contest to see just how good it is! Download the Judging Contest Rules to learn more and check out the Phelps Maple Syrup Fest Score Sheet to see how the syrups will be rated. Lastly, fill out and submit your 2017 Maple Syrup Judging Contest Entry Form to enter. Good luck!
2018 Arts & Crafts Show at MSF
Interested in being a Vendor?
We accept 72 vendors each year on a first come, first serve basis. Vendor spaces are 10 x 10 for $30, with limited electricity available. If interested, please download the 2018 Maple Syrup Fest Vendor Application Form and mail to P.O. Box 217, Phelps WI 54554.
2017 Maple Syrup Fest sponsors!
Our Sincerest Gratitude!
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Sponsoring one of our local activities or making a donation is a great way for your business to receive positive exposure in multiple ways. Download the 2017 Maple Syrup Fest Sponsor Form here or contact the Phelps Chamber to learn how to become a 2017 sponsor of this wonderful event!