- This event has passed.
Phelps Radar Run – CANCELLED
*UPDATE the 2024 Phelps Radar Run has been cancelled due to trails not being open and not enough snow and ice. We hope to be able to have a great event in 2025! Still come on out to Hillside on 1/27 for a fun Phelps Snowmobile Club fundraiser!
2024 is the FIRST EVER Phelps Snowmobile Radar Run on Lac Vieux Desert run by the Phelps Snowmobile Club and Headquartered at Phelps Hillside Resort and Restaurant.
Come see how the speed of your sled stacks up against the competition! Several categories throughout the day. Snowmobile Radar Runs, bon fires, bar, food, raffles. Come race or just to watch the excitement!
Help us get any idea of how many racers to expect!
- Registration opens at 9am and will be inside Hillside Restaurant
- Radar Runs will go from 10am to 3pm with awards and raffle winners drawn at 4pm
- First and second fastest times in each class will win trophies! Classes are listed below
- Runs are 1 for $10, 3 for $20
- Last run of the day will be a Patriotic Run benefitting Phelps EMS and Fire Departments. Wear your red, white and blue racing gear, decorate your sled, or race with an American flag as a cape! Donations will fund these runs. Let’s make this first ever fun run a great one! ‘Merica!
|900 Ace Turbo 850 Boost-Stock
|1000 Turbo Cat or Yamaha-Stock
|1200 Stock Four Stroke
|900 Ace Turbo or 850 Boost-Improved
|1000 Turbo Cat or Yamaha Improved
|Unlimited or Open Improved
|200 Stock Kid Class and Kitty Cat
|Patriotic Run to Benefit Phelps EMS & Fire
LOCATION AND PARKING for racers and spectators
Phelps Radar Run will be at Phelps Hillside – 5751 Hillside Resort Tr, Phelps WI 54554. Hillside is accessed by the snowmobile trail from Lac Vieux Desert.
There is limited parking down the hill at Hillside, not ideal for trailers, at your own risk getting down the hill. Trailers can also be parked along South Shore Road. Ideal Trailer Parking locations are located at:
Military Creek Trailhead – on County Rd E between County Rd K and Hwy 17 in Phelps, look for the sign for Trailer Parking. Direct trail access, ride the trail to Hillside.
Thunder Bay Boat Launch – take South Shore Rd east of Hillside, just east of Thunder Bay Resort off of Simpson Rd. Ride the lake to Hillside.