Are you considering relocating to Phelps Wisconsin or buying a summer home in the area? The Phelps Chamber of Commerce is here to help! We know what a truly spectacular place to live this is, and are happy to share information about the area with you!
Appreciate the Beauty of Nature in Phelps!
Phelps is surrounded by natural beauty all year long! If you are an outdoors lover, you will appreciate the abundance of freshwater lakes, vast forests and wonderful natural resources that you will find in Phelps. Spring and summer bring colorful wildflowers and unlimited outdoor activities. Fall is a time of wonder as the trees turn from lush green to an array of oranges, reds, and yellows that just beg to be photographed. Winter in Phelps means glistening snow and amazing views of trees dripping with icicles, along with world-class snowmobiling and ice fishing.
With 41 lakes and the headwaters of the Wisconsin River, you will discover some of the best fishing in the Northwoods, no matter the season. Enjoy kayaking, canoeing, boating, swimming, and even scuba diving in crystal clear waters. The many lakes are also wonderful destinations for wildlife observation and photography, as it’s quite common to hear the call of the loon echoing over a lake or to spot a bald eagle diving down for its dinner.
The picture-perfect community of Phelps is nestled into the vast Chequamegon – Nicolet National Forest, with the Ottawa National Forest of the Upper Peninsula right next door. Living in Phelps means that all these spectacular natural resources are right at your fingertips to enjoy whenever you have the time. Miles of hiking and biking trails are available, and the Great Headwaters Trails Association is working hard to enhance these outdoor experiences throughout Vilas County.
If you love spending your free time in the great outdoors, make your home Phelps Wisconsin!
The Friendliest Community in the Northwoods!
No matter your hobbies and past times, you will enjoy building a life in the friendly and inviting community of Phelps! The Phelps School District provides a forward-thinking and successful learning environment for the area’s youth, complete with a strong sports program and extracurricular activities. Just a few miles from Phelps, the Land O’Lakes Artisans work hard to foster the arts and creativity, offering a wide-range of activities and classes for all ages.
The Phelps Chamber, Phelps Lions Club, Phelps Women’s Club, and Phelps Historical Museum, among others, host fun family events year-round and ensure that there is always something going on in the community. Enjoy a traditional small town celebration with some flair on the 4th of July and celebrate maple syrup heritage with Maple Syrup Fest in the spring. To see a full schedule of Phelps area events, please visit the Phelps Chamber Events Page.
Find the Services you Need to Build a Home and a Life in Phelps Wisconsin!
Moving to a new area can be intimidating – trying to find reputable contractors, the home services you need, and trusted professionals to get you started can be a difficult process when in the middle of a life-changing transition. You will be pleased to find all the home supplies and services that you need conveniently right here in the Phelps area! Browse through the following list to help you find what you need to begin building your life in Phelps.
Getting Started With Construction in Phelps:
- North Winds Construction can help you get rolling with lot clearing, driveway creation and more. Call 715-545-2356.
- Northwoods Surveying provides land surveying and land planning services. Call 715-545-6224.
- Paquet Excavating offers bulldozing and driveway services. Call 715-545-2466.
- North Twin Builders is a custom home builder that specializes in energy efficient and quality home construction and home remodeling. Call 715-545-2510.
- Beaman Enterprisesoffers new home construction and remodeling services, as well as tree removal and home repair. Call 715-617-3927.
- Boone’s Building Supply provides new home construction, home remodeling and roofing services. Call 715-479-4679.
- Great Oak Development offers remodeling and new home construction. Call 715-545-3335.
- Lampert Lumber has all your building project needs, from foundation to roof, and offers free estimates for your project. Call 715-891-2474.
- Ralph Koopman, Attorney At Law specializes in Real Estate Law. Call 715-479-8220.
All your New Home Needs in Phelps:
- Amerigas supplies propane, furnaces and more throughout the Northwoods with a focus on quality customer service. Call 715-479-7300.
- Forever Fire Safety provides education and quality products to support fire safety and awareness. Call 715-437-0688.
- Dave’s Four Season Service has your property maintenance covered, with lawn mowing, snow plowing and more. Call 715-545-2505.
- Winterland Storage provides 24 hour accessible self-storage units. Call 715-848-2976.
- Eyes for Your Interior offers comprehensive interior design services, including color palette coordination and home furnishings consultations/selections. Call 715-891-0448.
- SonicNet is your local broadband internet provider with no data limits to keep you connected at the speed you need. Call 888-631-9666.
Livin’ the Northwoods Dream in Phelps WI!
Ready to relocate to Phelps? Interested in becoming a summer resident in the area? Please visit the Phelps Chamber Member Directory for a complete list of member businesses in the area and to find the services and products you are looking for. And feel free to contact the Phelps Chamber with questions at Chamber-Office@PhelpsWI.us or 715-545-3800.