Phelps – Land O’Lakes Lions Club
About Phelps – Land O’Lakes Lions Club
Lions Club International, founded in 1917, is the world’s largest service club organization, and Phelps is proud of the local Lions Club’s unwavering commitment to the welfare of friends, neighbors, and the international community. Phelps -Land O’Lakes Lions Club consists of Phelps and Land O’Lakes residents that meet on the 3rd Thursday of every month. Interested in becoming a member or providing a donation to support the Lions Club efforts? Contact the club by mail at P.O. Box 305, Phelps Wisconsin 54554!
Lions Club Mission: To empower volunteers to serve their communities, meet humanitarian needs, encourage peace and promote international understanding through Lions Clubs.
Motto: “We Serve”
Lions Club Fundraising Events
All monies raised during Phelps – Land O’Lakes Lions Club events are dedicated to the support of local and worldwide causes.
31st Annual Great Northern Ice Fishing Tournament
January 28th, 2017
The Lions Club annual ice fishing tournament takes place on Lac Vieux Desert and is open to fisherman of all ages. Prizes are awarded for the biggest fish of each species, including Northern Pike, Walleye, Crappie, Perch and Bluegill. The $50 registration fee includes a dinner ticket for the awards banquet to be held at the Lac Vieux Desert Casino in Watersmeet.
For more information about this fundraising tournament, please view the 2017 Tournament Registration Letter and the 2017-registration-form and mail in by January 14th to be entered in the early bird drawing!
Register Today for the Great Northern Ice Fishing Tournament!
21st Annual Steak in the Park
July 19, 2017
The annual Steak in the Park is held at Wavering Park in Phelps, and is a wonderful way for attendees to enjoy a tasty meal and good company while supporting Lions Club causes. In addition to the steak fry, the evening features live music, raffles and more. Tickets for the event can be purchased from Lions Club members, but don’t wait till the last minute – this event becomes more popular every year!
Mark Your Calendar for the 21st Annual Steak in The Park!
Supporting Our Community…
The Phelps – Land O’Lakes Lions Club has long been a generous and integral part of the Phelps/Land O’Lakes community. The Lions Club community service includes, but is not limited to, supporting the following causes:
- Continuing Education Scholarships to several Phelps school district students each year.
- Warm the Children, providing new winter clothing to Vilas County children.
- Phelps Public Library through donations of funds and needed materials.
- Headwaters Food Pantry through funding and volunteered time.
- Christmas Gift Cards to brighten the holiday meals of needy families.
- Phelps – Conover Trail through signage donation and support.
- Lions Wisconsin Eye Bank, providing prescription eye wear to those who would otherwise go without.
- Seeing Eye Dog Training Institute, ensuring a priceless resource for adults and children with vision disabilities.
- Lions Foundation Camp, located in Rosholt Wisconsin, for blind and disabled children
and young adults.
In addition to these many wonderful causes, the Phelps – Land O’Lakes Lions Club volunteers time for local events such as the Chili Cook Off, Phelps 4th of July parade, and Phelps school activities like the Halloween party.
Phelps – Land O’Lakes Lions Club – Making a Difference at Home and Around the World!
Join the Lions Club in making a difference in the lives of so many! Mail your donation today to Phelps – Land O’Lakes Lions Club, P.O. Box 305, Phelps Wisconsin, 54554.